A Liposuction procedure can be your path to a better life in which you beat your fear of embarrassment. You will be no longer worried about your body when you sit with your colleagues at the workplace or in public. From now on, you wear whatever you want and you go swimming self-confidently. Furthermore, with liposuction, you enjoy a fully different lifestyle which is characterized by perfect fitness, slimness, and health, if you take care of your diet.
In this article, we would like to enrich your information about liposuction, discussing its benefits, types, stages, and everything you want to know!
Let’s know more about liposuction in Turkey Istanbul
Liposuction is a cosmetic operation that is undergone to get rid of unwanted fat deposits in different areas of your body, such as abdomen, butts, hips, thighs, and chest, and sculpt your body shape.
The operation is typically performed under general anesthesia, through a hollow instrument known as “ a cannula” which is inserted under the skin. The cannula is connected to a high-pressure vacuum which suctions the liquid fat cells out of the body.
In the liposuction procedure, several different techniques are used to break up the fat cells, we will talk about them in detail later.
Benefits of liposuction
Firstly, you should know that liposuction is not an overall weight-loss procedure, so if you suffer from obesity - high amount of fat- other alternatives must be considered, such as gastric surgeries or by following a certain diet and exercise which help you lose weight gradually.
The candidate for liposuction should have stable body weight and enjoy good skin elasticity and tone. Furthermore, you must be in good health, without certain conditions, such as heart and blood flow problems, immune system, and diabetes. Liposuction helps you:
- A powerful method to reduce the fat deposits and reshape your body beautifully.
- Treat a certain part of your body and restore your natural body balance.
- Liposuction can be an ideal solution for lymphoedema which causes swelling in the arms and legs.
- Effective treatment for lipoedema leads to an increase in the fat abnormally in the legs, thighs, and buttocks.
- Liposuction is used to reduce the fat accumulated under a man's chest, known as Gynecomastia.
Types of liposuction
Liposuction has many types that are based on different techniques. Here, we have the most common techniques which are used today:
- Tumescent liposuction: with this technique, a sterile solution, which includes saltwater, lidocaine, and epinephrine, is injected into the target areas of the body, so the fat deposit can be easily suctioned and removed from the body.
- Laser-assisted liposuction: this technique is based on laser technology which can generate a flow of energy to liquefy the fat cells.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: the technique uses ultrasound energy to break up the fat deposits. By the UAL technique, a larger amount of fat is removed easily and quickly.
- Power-assisted liposuction: it is a traditional procedure in which a medical vacuum applies negative pressure to suction the fat out of the body.
Preparation for liposuction in Turkey
- When you decide on performing liposuction, your medical history will be reviewed and you will be exposed to take certain medical tests, making sure you are the right candidate for the procedure.
- If you use aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs, you should stop taking them 3 weeks before the operation.
- If you suffer from anemia, you will be asked to take supplements that contain iron.
- If you are a smoker, you will be asked to avoid smoking for two weeks at least before the procedure.
- Alcohol should be avoided for a week before the operation.
- You should avoid eating and drinking on the day before the operation.
During the liposuction procedure
After carrying out the necessary medical tests, your surgeon will start marking your body, drawing circles where fat will be removed.
- Typically, you will receive general anesthesia.
- A medical solution will be injected into the target areas to avoid severe blood loss and swelling.
- Making small incisions around the body to insert a cannula that is attached to a vacuum machine.
- Using one of the liposuction techniques, such as VASER, laser, or power-assisted liposuction, the fat deposits will be broken up and liquefied.
- The cannula will be moved back and forth to suction the liquid fat out of the body.
- Finally, the incisions will be stitched and bandaged.
After the liposuction operation
Once your operation is finished, you will wear a support corset or compression bandage for many weeks, which helps you reduce bruising and swelling. Usually, the swelling needs about a month to disappear completely. You can go to your normal activities after a few weeks. The final results may take up to 6 months to be seen fully.
The post-operative care
Here you have some important instructions to make sure you get the best results. Let’s have a look at the most important notes:
- You should avoid strenuous activity for up to 6 weeks after the procedure.
- You are recommended to drink plenty of water to compensate for the fluids that you lost during the operation.
- You should avoid direct sunlight and bad weather conditions.
- You keep staying away from smoking for 5 weeks after the surgery.
- You are encouraged to follow a balanced and healthy diet alongside exercises.
The cost of liposuction in Turkey
The most important factors which play a crucial role in determining the liposuction cost are the following:
- The type of liposuction technique
- The number of body parts that are targeted by liposuction.
- The qualifications and experience of the cosmetic surgeon
- A full package which includes additional services, such as hotel accommodation, transportation, and translation.
These days, the VASER technique which depends on ultrasound energy is the most common technique used in Turkey. Generally, the cost of liposuction using the VASER technique is about 2500 €.