Rhinoplasty in turkey
Are you unhappy with your nose appearance? Do you have an unbalanced nose contour or prominent nose which does not match your facial features? Or do you suffer from difficulty breathing or snoring problems that result from deformity or injury? Are you looking for an effective treatment that restores a natural and proportionate nose shape?
If your answer is “yes” to any of the above questions, you are recommended to carry out rhinoplasty! Rhinoplasty can straighten your nose, correct the tip of your nose, and improve nasal functions.
What do you know about rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that is performed to improve the nose's size, length, and properties and balance the facial anatomy or repair the nasal deformities which affect the nose functions. It is carried out under general anesthesia in two different ways; open nose and closed nose surgery.
A common procedure is required for complex nasal problems. It is done through a short incision which is made across the columella, which is the central part of the nose. The nasal skin is raised to enable the surgeon to reshape the cartilage of the nasal bones.
A closed rhinoplasty is a good option which requires limited access to the nasal structures. It is performed through small incisions that can be hidden inside the nostrils.
Who is the right candidate for rhinoplasty?
The right candidate for rhinoplasty:
- Your facial growth should be complete.
- You should be in good public health, you don't have certain medical conditions that might impair the operation.
- You are unhappy with your nose appearance
- You experience breathing problems.
- You have asymmetrical features of the nose.
- You have a deviated nasal septum, which might cause snoring.
- You don’t feel self-esteem due to your nose contour.
- You should have realistic expectations.
What are the pre-instructions for rhinoplasty?
Once you decide to go ahead with rhinoplasty, you should prepare yourself properly to ensure better results.
- You should avoid taking medicines, such as aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, anti-inflammatory, or Vitamin E, for 2 weeks before the operation.
- You should stop smoking for two weeks before the operation to ensure fast healing. Nicotine can constrict the blood vessels and reduce the oxygen and blood needed for the healing process.
- You should stop drinking alcohol or coffee for a week before the operation to avoid any risk of complications.
- You should not eat or drink on the night before the surgery.
How is rhinoplasty performed?
The surgery might take around 1.5 to 3 hours, involving the following stages:
- The patient, who is going to perform rhinoplasty, should receive general anesthesia, making him fall into a deep sleep.
- Next, if the open surgery will be performed, the incision is made across the columella, allowing to lift the skin over the nose. Then, the doctor will reshape the cartilage or the bones surgically using special tools.
- However, for closed rhinoplasty, small incisions are made within the nostrils. In a closed rhinoplasty procedure, no need to elevate the nasal skin, but the surgeon will reshape and adjust the nasal bones and cartilage through these small incisions.
- Finally, the incisions are closed with dissolvable sutures.
What are the post-operative instructions for rhinoplasty?
After you perform your surgery, you should follow some instructions which are necessary to reduce the risk of any possible complications and maintain the best results.
- You should have a splint on your nose for 7 days after the operation.
- You should elevate your head with pillows for the first few days after the surgery.
- You should avoid hot baths while you still wear the splint.
- You should avoid blowing your nose during the period of wearing the splint.
- You try to sneeze through your mouth to avoid any pressure on your nose.
- You should avoid strenuous exercise or sports for 6 weeks after the surgery.
- You should avoid dusty or smoky places.
- You should be careful when you pull your clothing over your head.
- You should keep avoiding aspirin and any blood-thinner product which might lead to bleeding after the operation.
- You should avoid smoking for a period of time after the surgery.