Lip Augmentation in turkey
Are you unhappy with your thin lips? Do you have a lined or asymmetric lip appearance that makes you less confident about your smile? Would you like to add volume to your lips and get smooth and natural-looking results?
If you are interested to restore your charming smile, then lip augmentation is your ideal option. At Mira clinic, we carry out lip augmentation professionally through different methods to fit your desire!
What do you know about lip augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that reshapes the lips to achieve fuller and youthful results. The procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia depending on the type of the method, which includes filler or fat injection or lip implants.
Filler or autologous fat injection is a non-surgical option, which enhances the lips temporarily through strategically injecting filler or autologous fat which is extracted from the patient's body, to give a fuller appearance.
The other option is a lip implant, which is a surgical method by which soft silicone implants are inserted into lips to increase their volume and achieve a beautiful smile with semi-permanent results that last for many years.
Who is the right candidate for lip augmentation?
The right candidate for lip augmentation should meet specific criteria:
- The candidate should be in good health, don’t suffer from diabetes, lupus, or blood clotting problems.
- The candidate should not have active infections, such as oral herpes.
- The candidate should not have an allergy to the used products.
- The candidate who has thin or lined lips and wants to increase its volume.
- The candidate who wants to improve lip appearance and get an attractive smile.
- The candidate should be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The candidate should not be a smoker.
What are the pre-operative instructions for lip augmentation?
In order to prepare yourself well for the procedure, you should consider these tips seriously.
- You should avoid blood-thinning medications or supplements, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin, and Vitamin E for two weeks before the procedure.
- You should stop smoking for at least a month before the procedure.
- You should not wear lipstick on your appointment day.
- You should stop drinking alcohol for a day hours prior to the procedure.
- You should stop using Retin-A for two days before the treatment.
How is lip augmentation performed?
Typically, lip augmentation takes up to 30 minutes, including the following stages:
- In the beginning, the doctor will make sure to give the patient the appropriate anesthesia, either general or local depending on the method which is adopted.
- If the filler or fat injection will be applied, then the doctor directly will inject it strategically into the lips, giving more volume and a fuller appearance.
- In the case of lip implants, the doctor has to make tiny incisions in the corners of the mouth which will be hidden within the natural creases of the lips.
- Finally, the incisions will be closed with dissolvable sutures.
What are the post-operative instructions for lip augmentation?
The success of the operation depends on how you follow the right instructions which help you recover and maintain the results.
- Take your medications prescribed by your doctor. Usually, the medicines include some antibiotics and painkillers.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treated area after the treatment.
- Keep elevating your head for two hours directly after the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun or high heat for three days after the procedure.
- Continue to stay away from smoking or drinking alcohol after the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water to help your body recover.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours after the procedure.
- Don’t use lipstick for 24 hours after the treatment.
- It is recommended to apply to your lips an ice pack to reduce swelling and feel more comfortable.