Facelift in turkey
If you have significant flappy skin around your lower face and neck or you suffer from deep wrinkles and lines which might not get improved by filler or Botox injections, then you need to consider a surgical approach called Facelift!
A facelift is a powerful method that can help you get rid of the signs of aging and restore a firmer facial skin appearance!
What do you know about a facelift?
A facelift is a cosmetic procedure that can reduce wrinkles or deep lines and get a firmer and more youthful facial contour! The procedure involves removing saggy skin surgically and tightening the underlying muscles under general anesthesia.
Typically, the facelift targets the lower part of the face and sometimes the neck if it is affected by signs of aging. The procedure does not involve eyelid lift, eyelid lift is often done separately.
Who is the right candidate for a facelift?
The best candidate for a facelift:
- Healthy people who don't have certain diseases that might interfere with the recovery process.
- People who are over 40 years old.
- People who have skin elasticity, which helps in giving better results.
- People who suffer from loose skin and deep wrinkles which cannot respond to the non-surgical procedure, such as filler or Botox injections.
- People who want to get a refreshed and firmer facial skin appearance.
- The right candidate should not be a smoker.
- The candidate should have realistic expectations.
What are the pre-operative instructions for a facelift?
Before the operation, you should prepare yourself by following some tips which help you decrease the risk of any possible side effects and ensure better results.
- You should wear comfortable clothing on the day of the operation.
- You should avoid taking medicines, such as aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, anti-inflammatory, or Vitamin E, for 2 weeks before the operation.
- If you smoke, you should stop smoking for two weeks before the operation to ensure fast healing.
- You should stop drinking alcohol or coffee for a week before the operation to avoid any risk of complications.
- You should not eat or drink on the night before the surgery.
- You should avoid wearing face makeup on the day of the surgery.
How is the facelift performed?
Generally, a facelift takes 2 to 3 hours to be done, including the following steps:
- The surgery requires general anesthesia as it depends on making incisions on facial skin. It is given to the patient to fall in deep sleep, so he feels no pain during the operation.
- In this stage, an incision is made on the skin; it starts in the hairline at the temples, extends around the ear, and ends in the lower scalp.
- Through this long incision, the doctor will have access to reduce excess skin, tighten the tissues, and lift the underlying muscles around the lower part of the face.
- Finally, the incisions are closed with dissolvable sutures.
What are the post-operative instructions for a facelift?
Generally, you take around 2 to 4 weeks to get recovery, following those post-operative instructions which help you heal quickly and get ideal results.
- You should take your medication which is prescribed by your doctor if you have some pain or discomfort.
- You should not take shower for 2 days after the operation.
- You should try to keep your head elevated with pillows for a few days after the surgery, which helps reduce your swelling.
- You should give yourself 2 weeks before going back to your daily activity.
- You should wait 4 weeks before doing any strenuous activity, such as exercise.
- You should avoid the sauna and massages for at least 2 weeks after the operation.
- You should protect yourself from direct sunlight.
- You should keep avoiding aspirin and any blood-thinner product which might lead to bleeding after the operation.