Finally, I got the shape of my nose that I have always wanted. Here in this article, I would be more than happy to share my experience with rhinoplasty in Turkey with you from the very beginning until six months after my surgery. I hope my experience will be helpful for you if you are interested in rhinoplasty.
How was my nose appearance before the operation?
- I was not satisfied with the shape of my nose. I used to have an enlarged tip and slight bump on my nose which had hidden its beauty.
- I knew that my surgery would be simple since I did not suffer that big problem with my nose. So I decided to consult a plastic doctor about it.
- I visited a plastic surgeon where I live and we started a long conversation about all available options which might be appropriate for me.
- Indeed, I had no intention to perform my rhinoplasty here in my country due to the high costs, so I began searching for good clinics in countries where they offer good quality services at competitive prices.
Why did I choose Turkey for rhinoplasty?
- Frankly, Turkey was one of my suggested options to perform my rhinoplasty for two reasons.
- First, my friend who did rhinoplasty in Turkey and got wonderful results advised me to visit it to perform rhinoplasty.
- Also, Turkey was very suitable for me since they offer full package services that include hotel accommodation, transportation, and translation at very competitive prices compared to my country.
- Finally, I made my decision to go to Turkey and start my new journey with rhinoplasty.
How did I plan my rhinoplasty operation?
- Once I decided to visit Turkey, I contacted the same clinic in which my friend had done his rhinoplasty.
- During the online medical consultation which they offered me for free, I sent them my photos so that they could examine my nose and make tweaks to my nose using special software.
- By this program, they could show me the planned new shape of my nose after the operation. I liked it, so I booked my appointment immediately and I traveled to Turkey after a couple of days.
What type of rhinoplasty did I perform?
- As I said my nose needed small changes, which are eliminating the humps over the bridge of my nose, besides reshaping the nasal tip.
- All these changes could be done through closed rhinoplasty which can reshape the structure of the nose through incisions made inside the nostril.
- My closed rhinoplasty was done under general anesthesia. The doctor shaved down those humps and reshaped the nasal tip by removing some cartilage, giving me a more attractive nose appearance.
How was my recovery from rhinoplasty?
- My nose was covered with a metal splint to ensure my nose takes its new shape. I experienced some bruising, swelling, and bruising, but they were minimal for me. I got better day after day and everything was ok.
- However, I still remember that the worst part of recovery for me was the general anesthesia. I found it difficult to wake up completely from the effects of anesthesia for the first couple of days after the operation, I really was dizzy.
- Of course, full recovery required time. My nose was swollen and sensitive for months, however, after almost six months everything was ok, the swelling went away completely and I could see my results clearly.
Am I satisfied with my results after rhinoplasty?
- The results were very good, I am really happy with it. I advise anyone who suffers from a nasal problem and would like to treat it but is afraid of the operation to go ahead and perform rhinoplasty.
- It is a simple operation that can be done easily and smoothly. It is highly recommended. I would like to thank the doctor and his team for their efforts, they did a great job.
What are the post-instructions which are highly recommended to follow for better results?
- I would like to talk about some necessary recommendations which I followed after my operation. It is very important to consider after your operation too.
- First of all, your full results may take a year to be seen, so don’t worry if you don’t get it six months after the operation like in my case, it is different from person to person.
- Blowing your nose will affect your results negatively, so avoid it for a while after your operation.
- Use ice packs that help you feel more comfortable. Personally, it helped me so much.
- You should be careful when you wear or take off your clothes a while after the operation.
- Stay away from running and swimming and avoid any strenuous activities to maintain your results. For me I love swimming, but I had to avoid it for a couple of months.