Over time, when you get older, your eyelid skin is the first part of your body that starts to stretch, forming wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes. Fat deposits appear under your eye that makes you look exhausted and older, and sagging upper eyelids impede your vision and make it difficult to wear eye makeup.
However, you still have an opportunity to reshape your eyelids and get a fresher and youthful appearance by the Eyelid lift. An eyelid lift is a powerful cosmetic solution to improve your upper and lower eyelids and restore the beauty of your eyes!
What do you know about eyelid lift?
Eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty) is a surgical procedure carried out to enhance the shape of the upper and lower eyelids under general anesthesia. The surgery removes the excess or sagging skin of the upper eyelids and the fatty bags under the eyes and reduces the wrinkles and fine lines around the lower eyelids.
An eyelid lift is not limited to enhancing the eyelid appearance, but it ensures healthy looking skin and better vision.
Who is the right candidate for an eyelid lift?
The best candidate for eyelid lift are:
- People who are over 35 years old suffer from droopy eyelids.
- People who enjoy good health and have no certain disease, such as thyroid disorders, cardiovascular disease, or diabetes.
- People who have no eye conditions, such as glaucoma and dry eye.
- People who suffer from puffy under eyes.
- People who have sagging skin and wrinkles around the eyes.
- People whose vision is impaired by sagging upper eyelids.
- People who want a youthful and smoother eyelid skin appearance.
What are the pre-operative instructions for an eyelid lift?
Before deciding to carry out the eyelid lift, you should follow a set of necessary recommendations to decrease the risk of any possible complications and ensure good results.
- You should stop taking medicines, such as aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, anti-inflammatory, or Vitamin E, for 2 weeks prior to operation. These drugs cause bleeding during the operation.
- You should avoid smoking for at least two weeks before the surgery. Nicotine products have a bad impact on the results of your surgery.
- You should stop drinking alcohol or coffee for a week before the operation to avoid any risk of complications.
- You should not eat or drink on the night before the surgery.
- You should avoid wearing eye makeup on the day of the operation.
How is eyelid lift performed?
Although eyelid lift varies from patient to patient depending on the eyelid condition of each patient, it goes through the same following stages:
- Typically, general anesthesia is administered to the patient, making sure that he will feel no pain during the operation.
- While in the case of the upper eyelid, an incision is made along the natural crease of the eyelid, the lower eyelid corrected through an incision is made below the lower lash line. The incisions are made strategically so that the scarring will be hidden within the natural creases of the eyelids.
- Through these incisions, the excess skin and fatty bags are removed and the eyelid tissues are tightened to give a firmer and more youthful appearance.
- Finally, the eyelid incisions are closed with dissolved sutures.
What are the post-operative instructions for an eyelid lift?
You can promote the success of your operation by following the specific instructions which help to maintain the results and reduce the risk of any possible side effects.
- You might need to apply an ice pack to your eyelids during the first 24 hours after the operation.
- Try to sleep with your head elevated 45 degrees for a week to reduce the swelling.
- Avoid normal activities for 2 weeks after the surgery.
- Keep avoiding aspirin and any blood-thinner product which might lead to bleeding after the operation.
- Make sure to take a brief walk every day which helps you reduce swelling and decrease the risk of blood clots.
- Take your medicines, including pain medications and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 6 weeks after the operation.
- Continue to stop smoking for five weeks after the operation, as it causes serious healing issues.
- You should keep away from direct sunlight to the incision to reduce the visibility of scars.
Before & After Eyelid Lift
blepharoplasty Eyelid surgery eye improve the appearance of the eyelid
- Can eyebrows be drawn or beard lines defined through hair transplantation?
Yes, the follicles are extracted and implanted with the very accurate DHI technology, which ensures the identification of hair lines with infinite accuracy, so that the single-hair follicles are chosen in drawing the borders of the beard or the borders of the eyebrows to give a natural appearance
- What are the techniques of face-lift and non-surgical cosmetic?
There are many and different non-surgical techniques for tightening and beautifying the face by local methods, and it is summarized by injection if we are talking about masking wrinkles such as filler or botox needles or self-fat injection
There is also a French / gold thread face lift technique to tighten very light sagging at the level of the face or neck
As for skin treatments, they also differ according to the nature of the particular skin of each patient, we mention them
HYFO - SCARLET - HAYDROFACIAL - Peeling…
It is worth noting that all non-surgical topical treatments do not include permanent results for patients. Rather, they are multi-session and are determined with the plastic surgeon upon eye inspection.
- Can eyelid surgery be performed with local anesthesia?
It is true that the eyelid lift operation, whether upper or lower, is a simple superficial surgery during which the surgeon removes the skin appendices by a simple surgical method and withdraws the fat under the eye at the lower eyelid also by local surgical methods.
- How is eyebrow transplantation performed in turkey?
The process of eyebrow transplantation goes through the same hair translation stages, but eyebrow transplant is undergone using the DHI technique only. DHI can control the hair direction effectively and pick only the single follicle grafts which fit the nature of eyebrow hair perfectly.