Do you have severe obesity which makes your life very hard? Are you afraid of these excess fat deposits everywhere in your body which may carry a risk of complications and adverse effects on your public health? Do you try a diet or exercise which does not respond efficiently to your high weight problem?
We are at Mira clinic, offer you a powerful solution that can get rid of your severe weight and ensure an ideal body for you; it is Gastric Sleeve Surgery!
Gastric sleeve surgery is an effective weight-loss treatment that can end your suffering with high weight and make your life completely different!
What do you know about gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is performed under general anesthesia to reduce patient weight significantly. It removes a large part of the stomach, leaving a small part that barely allows the patient to eat a small amount of food, so he feels full sooner.
Gastric sleeve surgery is not just limited to weight loss, but it helps the patient avoid several diseases, such as diabetes, asthma, blood pressure, and heart diseases.
Who is the right candidate for gastric sleeve surgery?
- If you have good public health and don't suffer from any disease that may carry a risk of complications, you can carry out gastric sleeve surgery.
- You are the right candidate if your body mass index (BMI) is equal to 40 or more.
- If your BMI within (35-40) and your obesity-related condition may get improved, you are qualified to perform gastric sleeve surgery.
- If you change your lifestyle by following a balanced diet and exercise, but you could not lose significant weight.
What are the pre-instructions for gastric sleeves surgery?
Before gastric sleeves operation, some tips are necessary to be followed by the patient.
- The patient should carry out some laboratory tests prior to the operation, so he can make sure that a gastric sleeve is a right option for him.
- The patient should stop taking medicines that contain aspirin, ibuprofen combinations, anti-inflammatory, or Vitamin E that lead to blood thinning.
- The patient should avoid smoking for at least two weeks before the operation. Nicotine products may affect the results of your surgery and hamper the healing process.
- The patient should stop drinking alcohol or coffee for a week prior to the operation because it causes a risk of some complications after the anesthesia.
- The patient should stop eating or drinking on the night before the surgery.
How gastric sleeves surgery is done?
Let us have a close look at how gastric sleeve surgery is performed:
- The surgery is done under general anesthesia which makes sure the patient falls into a deep sleep during the operation.
- The surgeon will make several small incisions around your abdomen.
- Then, a laparoscope is inserted into your abdominal area through these small incisions. The laparoscope is a very thin tube with a tiny camera.
- Through this tube and using surgical instruments, the surgeon will cut and remove about 80% of the stomach.
- The remaining part of the stomach will be sutured together, creating a banana-shaped stomach.
- Finally, the surgeon will close the abdominal incisions with dissolved sutures.
What are the post-instructions for gastric sleeves surgery?
Usually, you can leave the hospital (1-3) days after the operation. But you need to follow some important long-term instructions to ensure good results.
- You can return to your normal activities 4 to 6 weeks after the operation.
- After your surgery, you should follow a special diet; for the first few days, your diet should be limited to water and fluids. Then the first four weeks, you can start to eat runny food such as yogurt. Between (4-6) weeks, you are able to eat soft food, such as pureed food. Finally, you go back gradually to a normal balanced diet.
- You should eat and chew food slowly for the first days after the operation.
- You should take your medicines, such as pain medications and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.
- You should avoid certain foods that can block your stomach.
- It is very important to take vitamins and mineral supplements.
- You should exercise regularly to help you get the best result of the operation.
- You should not smoke for five weeks after the operation.
Before & After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Sleeve Gastrectomy Stomach Gastric sleeve surgical
- Is it possible to work after liposuction?
As we mentioned above, Vaser liposuction is not considered a surgical procedure, but the patient can practice his normal life upon his return to his place of residence - that is, after one week - this is if the administrative nature of the work does not require physical exertion .. If the work is related to physical exertion, the patient is advised to take a break. A period of 45 days to conduct business.
- What are the instructions after liposuction?
The patient is advised to adhere to the basic medications provided to him after the operation and to wear compression garments during the first period to speed up the recovery period and maintain the new body contour.
The patient is advised to avoid stress and extreme sports for two months
- What is Vaser liposuction?
Vaser liposuction process depends in principle on breaking down the stubborn / hardened / accumulated fats in most areas of the body through ultrasound waves to be drawn out of the body either for destruction or for filtering and re-injection in a different place in the body.